Incorporating System Selling
Having acquired the basics of professional selling, sales professionals need to level-up their skills to compete effectively in the higher league. Here, the name of the game is how to sell your solution systematically and manage your key accounts in a holistic manner. At this level, selling benefits alone is inadequate.
To reach the next stage of sales competitiveness, companies need to build meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships with their customers that are sustainable over the long-term. This requires a complete change in mind-set and the implementation of fresh cutting-edge approaches to selling.
The objectives of this 2-day course are:
- To provide participants with an understanding of the key principles and concepts involved when attempting to sell solutions and manage key accounts.
- To familiarise participants with techniques and tools used to in system selling involving the provision of solutions and managing of key accounts.
- To provide participants with opportunities to apply selected techniques and tools during the practical sessions involving cases studies and role-plays.
Course OutlineKey Changes Affecting Modern Selling.
- External and internal changes influencing the sales profession.
- The need for system selling
The Need to Go Beyond Product Pushing.
- Going beyond product pushing.
- From communicating value to adding value to creating value
Introduction to System Selling.
- The prerequisites for system selling
- What system selling is not
System Selling Strategies.
- Mapping the problem points and flow
- Using references effectively
- Planning and Implementing system selling strategies
Introduction to Key Account Management.
- What is meant by key account management
- Why the need for key account management
Selecting Key Accounts.
- Establishing criteria for selecting key accounts
- Evaluating opportunities for key account management
Developing VITO Strategies.
- Identifying and mapping the VITO network
- Planning & implementing VITO strategies
Establishing the Account Management Team
- Forming the account team
- Account team dynamics
This 2-day workshop will be highly interactive and experiential. A combination of lectures, discussions and group work will be used. To enhance the learning process, role-plays will be introduced. Video playbacks will be employed to further reinforce learning from the role-plays.