As part of NUS’ continuous efforts to encourage undergraduates to have an international experience in China, funding is available for Singaporean/PR students who are participating in internships, hybrid work and study programmes, research attachments, short-term study programmes (such as international summer programmes), or Study Trips for Engagement and Enrichment (STEER) programmes in China.
The CISC funding is valued at S$100 per week depending on the duration of the programme up to maximum of 5 weeks plus S$500 airfare support. The CISC funding for STEER and NOC programmes are valued at S$500 and S$1200 per student.
The CISC funding helps to offset part of the cost incurred for the overseas programme and may not be sufficient to cover the entire cost. Student must consider the location and cost before choosing any overseas programme.
NUS undergraduates* who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the funding:
- Singaporean Citizens or Permanent Residents
- CAP of 3.0 and above
- Students who do not have a CAP are also eligible to apply for the funding
- Endorsement from their relevant faculty/department in NUS prior to applying for this funding
- Acceptance (or at least in-principle acceptance) into the overseas programme prior to applying for this funding
Recipients of the following scholarships are not eligible to apply / receive CISC funding:
- Undergraduate Scholarship for PRC Students
- SIA-NOL Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sembcorp Industries Undergraduate Scholarship
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- MOE Teaching Award, MOE Teaching Scholarship, MOE Local-Overseas Merit Scholarship (Teaching) and MOE Education Merit Scholarship (Teaching)
- Recipients of other awards that sponsor the cost of overseas programme and/or do not allow concurrent holding of awards
* Yale-NUS College (YNC) students are not eligible for CISC funding and are advised to approach YNC for support.
Students may apply for more than one CISC funding but can receive at most ONE (1) CISC funding award during their undergraduate study in NUS.
- Awardees who are unable to go on the short term and special programme, must write to GRO at email@example.com and provide reasons of their withdrawal from the programmes. GRO reserves the right to withdraw the award in such cases and may impose an administrative fee.
- The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are expected to be NUS ambassadors.
Please submit application at least 4 weeks before the programme starts.
Download Application Form
For Business School Internships in China
Please submit the completed application form with the required supporting documents (stated in the instructions of application form) directly at Business School Career Centre. Individual applications will not be accepted at GRO.
For GRO short-term & special programmes in China
Please submit the completed application form with the required supporting documents (stated in the instructions of application form) in soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
For STEER programmes in China
Please submit the completed application form with the required supporting documents (stated in the instructions of application form) in soft copy to Mr Jasper Tang at email@example.com
For all other programmes in China
Please submit the completed application form with the required supporting documents (stated in the instructions of application form) in soft copy to Global Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of their application via their NUS email addresses.
Awardees will be informed of the disbursement date during the announcement of the CISC funding results.
For further queries on CISC funding, please click here