The NUS-IRB currently has vacancy for the following position:
1.Manager (Institutional Review Board) - JobID: 006F2
The job holder will be responsible to provide secretariat support to the National University of Singapore Institutional Review Board (NUS-IRB) and manage the review and approval process of human biomedical and social, behavioural and educational research in NUS. The job holder will also develop and implement guidelines in relation to the Human Biomedical Research Act.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To conduct preliminary review of research protocols submitted to NUS-IRB and ensure these submitted protocols are reviewed efficiently and are consistent with the regulations, policies and guidelines.
- To conduct review of protocol amendments, annual continuing review and matters of non-compliance of approved, ongoing research protocols.
- To develop and implement institutional human research protections’ policies, procedures and guidelines. To develop and implement policies and procedures required by the Human Biomedical Research Act.
- To develop/update guidelines and policies for the monitoring of research studies approved by the NUS-IRB. To conduct research monitoring of research studies as and when required.
- To update and maintain NUS-IRB’s website when required.
- To interpret and apply ethical principles applicable to human biomedical research, and serve as a resource for researchers, other study personnel and administrators in ethics related matters.
- To maintain IRB study-related documentation in accordance with NUS policies on data security and protection.
- To perform any other ad-hoc job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a biomedical related field, preferably in Science/ Life Sciences/ Health Sciences/ Pharmacy/ Medicine/ Nursing or Legal Studies related areas from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years of working experience.
- Experience in research conduct and administration / research ethics / research compliance / regulatory affairs would be an advantage.
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in order to manage cross-functional, institutional relationships and ability to multitask.
- Able to work independently and effectively, as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of MS office applications.
||- CLICK HERE -