NASA Exchange Bursary (Singapore Citizens)
NASA Exchange Bursaries are available on a need basis to undergraduate students who are on overseas Student Exchange Programme (SEP).
These bursaries are valued from S$2,500 to S$5,000 depending on financial needs, availability of funds and regardless of exchange location.
The NASA awards help to offset part of the cost incurred for the overseas programme and may not be sufficient to cover the entire cost. Student must consider the location and cost before choosing any overseas programme.
- Full time undergraduate students who are Singapore Citizens.
- Students with per capita gross monthly household income (PCI) of S$1,900 and below (with effect from AY1718) for the academic year of the exchange programme may be considered, subject to availability of funds. Please refer to the information under application procedure.
- Per capita gross monthly household income refers to the total gross monthly income of all those living in the household divided by the number of people in the household.
- Students who are accepted to go on SEP.
Recipients of the following scholarships are not eligible to apply / receive NASA Exchange Awards:
- NUS Global Merit Scholarship
- Undergraduate Scholarship for PRC Students
- SIA-NOL Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sembcorp Industries Undergraduate Scholarship
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- MOE Teaching Award, MOE Teaching Scholarship, MOE Local-Overseas Merit Scholarship (Teaching) and MOE Education Merit Scholarship (Teaching)
- Global Engineering Programme
- MINDEF Scholarships and Awards
- Recipients of other awards that sponsor the cost of overseas programme and/or do not allow concurrent holding of awards
Terms & Conditions
- Students may receive at most ONE (1) NASA Exchange Bursary award during their undergraduate study in NUS.
- The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are encouraged to attend the SEP Ambassador Programme and are expected to be NUS ambassadors. Awardees must complete the Returnee Survey, and submit a SEP report.
- 1 February to 31 May for Semester 1 and Full Year SEP
- 1 July to 31 October for Semester 2 SEP
- After acceptance of offer for overseas programme, apply for NASA Exchange Bursary via myEduRec (please refer to the NUS EduRec-GE Guide for Financial Aid Application at this link) during the application period.
- Apply for financial aid via Office of Financial Aid's Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal and submit all relevant supporting documents for processing to the Office of Financial Aid for the academic year of the exchange programme. Applicants must ensure that their gross monthly per capital income (PCI) is verified by Office of Financial Aid by end of May for Semester 1 exchange and end of October for Semester 2 exchange.
Students who have applied for financial aid for the relevant academic year, prior to the application of the overseas programme, do not need to submit another financial aid application. Do note that the financial aid application is open from 1 February to 1 April for the following academic year. For example, students going on exchange in the academic year 2015/2016 must apply financial aid for academic year 2015/2016 which opens from 1 February 2015 to 1 April 2015.
Applicants will be notified of their NASA Exchange Award results in July for Semester 1/Full Year and in December for Semester 2.
Awardees will be informed of the disbursement date during the announcement of the NASA Exchange Award results.
For further queries on NASA, please click here