NASA Enhancement Bursary (Singapore Citizens)
NASA Enhancement Bursaries are available on a need basis to undergraduate students who are on NUS administered short term international summer programmes (i-SP) and GRO administered special overseas programmes such as, international research attachment programmes (i-RAP), field studies, etc.
These Enhancement Bursaries range from S$400 to S$3,000 depending on the duration of the programme, financial needs and availability of funds. Please refer to the table below for the quantum.
||Range of Quantum (Depending on PCI)
|2 to 3 weeks
||S$400 - S$800
|> 3 to 5 weeks
||S$800 - S$1,600
|> 5 to 8 weeks
||S$1,200 - S$2,400
|> 8 weeks
||S$1,500 - S$3,000
The NASA awards help to offset part of the cost incurred for the overseas programme and may not be sufficient to cover the entire cost. Student must consider the location and cost before choosing any overseas programme.
- Full time undergraduate students who are Singapore Citizens. (Yale-NUS College (YNC) students are eligible to apply for selected NUS or GRO programmes, to be advised by respective faculties or programme managers. However, priority will be given to other NUS faculties and schools. For funding and financial aid, YNC students are advised to approach YNC for support)
- Students with per capita gross monthly household income (PCI) of S$1,900 and below (with effect from AY2017/2018) for the academic year of the overseas programme may be considered, subject to availability of funds. Please refer to the information under application procedure.
- Per capita gross monthly household income refers to the total gross monthly income of all those living in the household divided by the number of people in the household.
- Students who are accepted to go on NUS administered short term international summer programmes (i-SP) and GRO administered special overseas programmes such as, international research attachment programmes (i-RAP), field studies, etc.
- Recipients of the following scholarships are not eligible to apply / receive NASA Enhancement Awards:
- Undergraduate Scholarship for PRC Students
- SIA-NOL Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sembcorp Industries Undergraduate Scholarship
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- MOE Teaching Award, MOE Teaching Scholarship, MOE Local-Overseas Merit Scholarship (Teaching) and MOE Education Merit Scholarship (Teaching)
- Global Engineering Programme (except for overseas research attachments)
- Recipients of other awards that sponsor the cost of overseas programme and/or do not allow concurrent holding of awards
- Final semester students are allowed to apply provided they complete their short term and special overseas programmes by their conferment dates as follows:
|File for graduation in
Terms & Conditions
- Students may apply for more than one NASA Enhancement Bursary award but can receive at most ONE (1) NASA Enhancement Bursary award for ONE (1) programme during their undergraduate study in NUS.
- Awardees who are unable to go on the short term and special programme, must write to GRO at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide reasons of their withdrawal from the programmes. GRO reserves the right to withdraw the award in such cases and may impose an administrative fee.
- The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are expected to be NUS ambassadors. Awardees must complete the short term and special overseas programme questionnaire and report within two weeks after completion of the programme.
Please refer to the application procedure.
There is a two-step process to apply for the NASA Enhancement Bursary.
Firstly, apply for NASA Enhancement Bursary via myEduRec (please refer to the NUS EduRec-GE Guide for Financial Aid Application at this link) upon acceptance of the programme.
Secondly, apply for financial aid via Office of Financial Aid's Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal and submit all relevant supporting documents for processing to the Office of Financial Aid for the academic year of the overseas programme.
Students who have applied for financial aid for the relevant academic year, prior to the application of the overseas programme, do not need to submit another financial aid application. Do note that the financial aid application is open from 1 February to 1 April for the following academic year. For example, students who apply for summer programme that starts on 12 June 2018, must apply financial aid for the academic year 2017/2018 which opens from 1 February 2017 to 1 April 2017.
The NASA Enhancement Bursary application will only be processed after the programme's participation is confirmed by the host university/ organisation / programme provider, and the financial aid application is verified and approved by the Office of Financial Aid.
The announcement dates for the NASA Enhancement Bursary application results will be as follows:
|Short term and special overseas programme
|Special Term 1 and 2
|| 30 August
The NASA Enhancement Bursary will be disbursed 3 to 4 weeks after the results are notified.
For further queries on NASA, please click here