Frequently Asked Questions on Degree Scrolls and Transcripts

Important Note:
Following NUS President’s Letter on 6 May 2020 regarding the postponement of Commencement 2020 to January 2021, we are currently updating the FAQ pages. Please check back later for the updates.

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy everyone!


Collection of Degree Scroll/Transcript

Q1. When and how will I get the degree scroll?

You will be given the degree scroll during the ceremony if you have not yet collected it prior to the ceremony. Please click here to check if you are eligible to collect your degree scroll prior to the ceremony.

Q2. Would I be given a transcript?

Yes, you will receive a complimentary copy of your complete academic transcript together with the degree scroll presented during the ceremony.

If you need additional copies of your transcript, you will have to submit an application online. Please note that additional official transcripts are chargeable.

Q3. I will not be attending the Commencement ceremony. How can I collect my degree scroll and transcript?

You may collect them from the Registrar's Office on 17 July 2020 from 2.00pm onwards. Information relating to the collection of degree scroll and complimentary transcript, for example, the official document(s) you are required to bring along with you, collection schedule, opening hours, etc, are available here.

Q4. Can I request for my degree scroll and transcript to be mailed to me?

If you are unable to collect the degree scroll and transcript personally, you can either authorize someone to collect them on your behalf, or request that they be sent to you by post at a fee.  Please see here for details.

Q5. Can I attend the ceremony if I have collected my degree scroll and transcript already?

Yes, you can.

Lost / Damaged Degree Scroll

Q1. Is it possible for me to obtain a replacement degree scroll if I have lost the original, or if the original has been somehow damaged?

The University does not normally issue a replacement degree scroll if the original one is destroyed or misplaced. Instead, the Registrar's Office will issue a letter certifying that you are a graduate of the University.  Please email to with your full name, NRIC or passport no., student ID, degree awarded, conferment date, etc for identification purposes for us to retrieve your records.

  • Home
  • FAQs
  • Frequently Asked Questions on Degree Scrolls and Transcripts