- TAG@Matriculation 2007 (just Tap-And-Go)
- Matriculation 2007 saw more than 7000 students simply tap their newly matriculated student cards on the card readers, and within seconds, personal information was retrieved. TAG minimizes mundane Form-Filling for notebook orders, some clubs & societies registration, and long queues. TAG was initiated by Computer Centre, together with NUS IT Coop & NUSSU for improving operational efficiency.
Click here to view the photos taken in the event!
- NUS launches IT Disaster Recovery Centre
- A $4.7 million NUS data centre now serves the University, protecting the vast information flow among the entire NUS population of faculty, staff and students. The IT Disaster Recovery Centre is a first for Singapore's higher education sector. Built by Siemens IT Solutions and Services, it is located at NUS High School.
Business ContinuityManagement by Dr Goh Moh Heng
Business Continuity Planning in NUS by Dr Peck Thian Guan
- Business Continuity e-Learning by Mr Ravi Chandran
- NUS and Lenovo Open a $150,000 ThinkLab
Lenovo Singapore and the National University of Singapore officially launched the ThinkLab at the University's Computer Centre - - an innovative PC lab designed to enable more efficiency and less downtime.
ThinkLab facilitates students to See More, Hear More and Worry Less with Lenovo ThinkVantage Technologies (TVTs).
- 2007 Inter-Faculty/Department Game
- Computer Centre staff garnered Silver and Bronze medals for bowling and badminton tournaments respectively. The department was crowned the 'Overall Games Champion' at the Award Ceremony held on 25th April 2007.
Our fun photos taken.
- NUS Quality Service Day 2006/2007 Superstar Challenge - Champion With our very own Skit titled “A Great Way to Service”
- The Skit unfolds hilarious scenes on Going the Extra Mile, Anticipate Customer Needs, A Great Service Knows No Boundaries that goes beyond People, Time & the Space and Even Heaven Can Wait, all in the spirit of providing service excellence!
Click here to view the photos!