||Three square pin/British plug
|Mobile Phone Network
||GSM 900, GSM 1800
- Beef rendang (coconut milk beef curry).
- Chilli crab (fresh crab with a piquant sauce).
- Gado gado (a fruit and vegetable salad in peanut sauce).
- Satay (skewers of marinated meat cooked over charcoal) served with spicy peanut sauce, cucumber, onion, rice and coconut.
- Char Kway Teow (thick rice noodles stir fried in soy sauce with vegetables, fish or meat).
Drinking Water -
- Singapore Sling (cocktail containing gin, cherry liquor, cointreau, benedictine, pineapple juice, lime juice, grenadine and angostura bitters). It was invented in the early 20th century for the Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
- Teh arak tarik (ginger tea with milk).
- Soya bean milk.
- Sugar cane juice.
- Tiger Beer (ubiquitous local lager brand).
It is perfectly safe to drink water straight from the tap in Singapore. However, for those who prefer bottled mineral water, local supermarkets and grocers always have ample stocks.
Visit Singapore’s official tourism website, Your Singapore
to find out more !