- Computer Centre launched the Mobile campus m-NUS system.
- Computer Centre initiated the formation of NUSCERT, it aimed to be a one stop venue to handle NUS IT security incidents.
- The e-SVU portal was launched. The portal web enabled majority of applications at SVU and allowed users to access the applications from anywhere via the web browser.
- e-Support, an online Helpdesk portal on IT services and support was made available to the University staff and students for the convenience of reporting IT problems through the Web.
- Computer Centre launched its IP Telephony Pilot project.
- NUS expanded its Wireless LAN coverage to provide complete wireless access in all open places in campus, including the Canteens.
- Mr Thio Kwee Nam - Assistant Director, was among those acknowledged for their service and contributions to Nation and Community. He was awarded The Public Administration Medal (Bronze) at Singapore's 36th National Day Celebrations.