NUS Ilsa Tari
Established in the early eighties, the NUS Malay Dance was renamed the NUS Ilsa Tari in 1998.
With its new identity, the group aims to stage more challenging pieces.
Under the guidance of Tutor/Choreographer Osman Abdul Hamid, the People's Association Malay Dance Group's choreographer and Singapore's Young Artist Award winner, the group performs traditional dances such as inang, ronggeng, zapin, lambak and silat. It also blends contemporary dance forms - where dancers move with free flow of sharp movements - with its traditional pieces. This results in traditional and contemporary dance fusions.
NUS Ilsa Tari's performances include:
- WHO Meeting by Health Promotion Board at Orchard Hotel
- 10th Asia Pacific Student Services Association (APSSA) International Conference Dinner at NUS Guild House
- BB (The Boy's Brigade of Singapore) Cares 2006 at Singapore Botanical Garden
- Tanjong Pagar 41st National Day Celebration Dinner at Tanjong Pagar Community Centre
- Interactive Session with Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore at CFA Studios, NUS
To find out more about NUS Ilsa Tari, do visit their account, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.