NUS Dance Blast!
With dance moves which are sleek, sharp, strong yet smooth, NUS Dance Blast!'s repertoire is distinctly different. Its works are essentially hip-hop dance and funk, incorporating specialised techniques such as waving, popping and locking in hip-hop slang. It paces more emphasis on hip hop dance than breakdancing. Performances reflect the crucial elements of hip-hop spirit, namely positivity in life, freedom and passion in its move, while emphasising freestyle and creativity.
Initiated by a group of students with a keen interest in hip-hop dance, NUS Dance Blast! was formed in 2001. The group aims to promote the hip-hop spirit to the NUS community and local scene, and provide its audiences with quality performances of high entertainment and artistic value.
The hot, vibrant and electrifying NUS Dance Blast! has participated in:
- Performances for M2B Game World at Orchard Cineleisure and HDB Hub
- Welcome for Singapore Idol Finalists, Jonathan Leong and Hady Mirza at the University Cultural Centre Foyer
- Tanjong Pagar 41st National Day Celebration Dinner at Tanjong Pagar Community Centre
- Interactive dance sessions at Millenia Institute (Toh Tuck Campus) and Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
- Dance Performance at NUS High School
- NUS Centennial Challenge Evening at Suntec Ballroom
- Community Service Programmes include Vibrant Blood by NTU Red Cross Humanitarian Network at West Mall, and Interactive Sessions with Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore and Shaw-NKF Children's Kidney Centre, NUH
The group's participation in competitions include Suntec Competition (2005), Dance Works (2005) and the annual Funkamania. The group (under the name of Blast! Junior High School) won Top Position (Open Category) at the Chingay Pulse HipHop Knockout (2006).
To find out more about NUS Dance Blast!, do visit their account, or email them at email@example.com.