- Tilakaratna, N. (2015) “Reviving the nation: national identity in English language textbooks in Sri Lanka”, Paper presented at the 42nd International Systemic Functional Congress (ISFC), on "Challenging Boundaries”, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany.
- Szenes, E., Tilakaratna, N. (2013) “Critical Thinking and Employment Readiness: The role of semantic waving in preparing students for life after university”, the 11th Biennial Conference of the Association for Academic Language and Learning, RMIT University, Melbourne
- Dreyfus, S., Tilakaratna, N., Bales, T. (2012) “Dealing with difficult emotions: exploring the limits and expanding the scope of the AFFECT network in SFL” Free Linguistics conference, University of Sydney
- Tilakaratna., N. (2011) “Reclaiming English by ‘speaking English our way’: English language teaching policy and practice in Sri Lanka”, paper presented at the 17th International Association of World Englishes Conference
- Tilakaratna., N. (2011) “‘English as a Life Skill’: English language teaching policy and practice in Sri Lanka”, paper presented at the 2nd Combined ALAA-ALANZ conference
- Raheem, R. and Tilakaratna N. (2010). EAP and the University Benchmarks: The Open University of Sri Lanka Experience. Paper presented at the 6th SLELTA (Sri Lanka English Language Teaching Association Conference)