Sociology of sport
- Brooke, M. (2017). Masculinity in Singapore: the residual culture of the Chinese martial artist. Sport in Society: Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics, 20(3), 1-13.
- Brooke, M. (2016). Developing coaching strategies to enhance Singaporean athletes’ competency motivations. The International Journal of Applied Sports Science, (Korean Institute of Sport), 28,(2), 137-147.
- Brooke, M. (2016). It’s not how old you are, it’s how you are old. State discourse on successful ageing in Singapore. Asia-Pacific Journal of Health, Sport and Physical Education. 7, (3), 1-12.
- Yeam, C. T. & Brooke, M. (2016): Changing perceptions of disability through sport: the case of Singaporean wheelchair basketball, Asia Pacific Journal of Sport and Social Science, 5, (3), 1-8.
- Brooke, M. (2015).Fongzi, dragons and corporate culture: An analysis of corporate dragon-boat paddlers' motivations. Asia Pacific Journal of Sport and Social Science, vol 4, issue 2, pp. 1-12.
- Brooke, M. (2015). The Pump without Drugs: Towards an Understanding of Doping in Singaporean Bodybuilding. Journal of Sport and Health, vol 6, issue 2, pp.1-8.
- Brooke, M. (2014). A study of the government and media discourse on active ageing in Singapore and its effects on the lived experiences of Singapore seniors. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, vol. 1, issue, 7, pp. 30-42.
- Brooke, M. (2014). Bidding for a lion's share: Singapore's Olympic medal aspirations through the Foreign Sporting Talent Scheme. Asia Pacific Journal of Sport and Social Science, vol 3, issue 2, pp.
For Scandinavian Sport Studies Forum (idrottsforum.org):
- Humberstone, B & Konstantaki, M. (2016). Ageing, Physical Activity, Recreation and Wellbeing, Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Channon, A, Dashper, K, Fletcher, T. & Lake, R. J. (2017). Sex Integration in Sport and Physical Culture: Promises and Pitfalls, Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
English language education and teacher training
Brooke, M. (2017). Process and Product: A Depiction of an Action Researcher’s Learning from Reflective Writing in an Asian University Setting. Transformative Dialogues: teaching and learning eJournal, 10(3), 1-12.
Brooke, M. (2017). Developing a Reflective Disposition in TESOL. The European Journal of Applied Linguistics and TEFL, 6(2) 165-182.
Brooke, M. (2017). Using semantic waves to guide students through the research process: from adopting a stance to sound cohesive academic writing. Asian Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 7(1), 37-66.
- Fong, Y. S., & Brooke, M. (2016). (Eds.). ELTWO: Special Issue on 5th CELC Symposium Proceedings. Retrieved from here.
- Brooke, M. (2016). Working with Multiple Objectives: Using a Webquest to Teach Research Skills, Critical Thinking and Academic Writing Skills Simultaneously. Proceedings from the International Conference on Language, Education, Humanities & Innovation, Singapore.
- Brooke, M. (2015). Deconstructing academic persuasive essays by constructing argument maps and analysing means of persuasive appeal. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 23 (S): 113-126.
- Brooke, M. (2015). Implementing the scaffolding interaction cycle to enable first year undergraduate students to write effective summary-reflections. Malaysian Journal of ELT Research, 11(2), 17-34.
- Brooke, M. (2015). A Completely Different Ball Game: Content and Language Integrated Learning through the Sociology of Sport. ELTWorldOnline.com Special Issue on CLIL. Centre for English Language Communication (CELC), National University of Singapore.
- Brooke, M. (2014). Developing the Reflective Practice Capabilities of Pre-Service Trainees in TESOL through Online Means.4th CELC Symposium Proceedings. National University of Singapore.
- Doctoral thesis: University of Durham, e-thesis (2014). Enhancing pre-service teacher training: the construction of an online model to develop reflective practice.
- Brooke, M. (2014). Attribution and Authorial (Dis) Endorsement in High- and Low-rated Undergraduate ESL Students' English Academic Persuasive Essays. English Linguistics Research. 3, 1: 1-11
- Brooke, M. (2013). A Critical Analysis of Selected Policy Making Decisions in the US and the UK with Regard to the Implementation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in National State Primary and Secondary School Education Systems. Open Journal of Modern Linguistics, vol 3, 94-99.
- Brooke, M. (2013). Facilitating the Development of the Autonomous Language Learner Using Online Virtual Learning Environments. Theory and Practice in Language Studies, vol 3, issue 4, 572-580.
- Brooke, M. (2013). Which Research Paradigm for TESOL? Theory and Practice in Language Studies, vol 3, issue 3, 430-436.
- Brooke, M. (2013). A case study demonstrating the development of a short workplace English course in Hong Kong. English for Specific Purposes World, vol 14, issue 3.
- Brooke, M. (2012). A Series of Case Studies Exploring How to Develop and Maintain A Community of Pre-Service Trainee ESL Teachers on Field Experience Practicum in Hong Kong. International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, vol. 2, issue 10, pp. 42-52.
- Brooke, M. (2012). Enhancing Pre-Service Teacher Training: The Construction and Application of a Model for Developing Teacher Reflective Practice Online. Open Journal of Modern Linguistics, vol 2, pp. 180-188.
- Brooke, M. (2012). Why Asynchronous Computer-Mediated Communication (ACMC) Is a Powerful Tool for Language Learning. Open Journal of Modern Linguistics, vol 2, pp. 125-129.
Brooke, M. (2009). A Case Study Demonstrating Usage of Data-Driven Language Learning. Ideas from the Corpora. Humanizing Language Teaching: year 11, issue 3.
- Brooke, M. (2008). New Senior Secondary Curriculum Resource Pack: Learning English through Workplace Communication. Hong Kong Government Education Department.
Ho, M.W & Brooke, M. (2017). Practical Guide to Project-Based Learning. World Scientific Publishing, Singapore.