- STEPHEN, J. D., "Never mind the content, focus of the Language: A kaleidoscope of Challenges for the Language Teacher" . Paper Presented at the 6th International Conference on New Trends In English Language Teaching and Testing. 8th - 9th September 2018. Istanbul, Turkey.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Student Feedback: Reaching down to the root [of] where it really matters" . 8th Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference (TLHE 2018). 25th September 2018. Shaw Foundation Alumni House. National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "What's up, WhatsApp: [De]vices of Interpersonal Communication" . Paper Presented at Strengthening Connectives in ELT: Pedagogies, Disciplines, Cultures. CELC International Symposium 2016. 25th - 27th May 2016, uTown, National University of Singapore. Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Smartphones, Tablets, Handheld Devices and Other Vices ". Paper Presented at 7th International Conference on Multimodality (7iCOMM). 11th -13th June 2014. Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Hong Kong
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Have a Good Dream: Differing Impressions of Formality in Written Communication amongst a group of MBA students from China and Korea." Paper Presented at 6th Global Advances in Business Communication Conference. 27th -29th May 2014. Kuching, Sarawak.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Navigating Densely interwoven Spaces in Web 2.0".Paper Presented at Alternative Pedagogies in the English Language & Communication Classroom. CELC International Symposium 2013. 27th - 29th May 2013, uTown, National University of Singapore. Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Locating Information in an Interconnected Cyberspace". Paper Presented at CELC Staff Seminar. 13 February 2013. NUS. Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Email: A Bit More Subtle and a Lot More Intricate". Paper Presented at CELC International Symposium 2007 . 30 May -1 June 2007.Hilton Hotel, Singapore. Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Writing Effective Email". Paper Presented at CELC Staff Seminar .14 Feb 2007. NUS, Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Email -- Watch Your Tone". Paper Presented at 10th Conference on ENGLISH IN SOUTH-EAST ASIA: A DECADE OF GROWTH (10SEA). 12 - 14 December 2005. Universiti Brunei Darussalam. Brunei.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "Dungeons and Dragons--Making Sense of Electronic Dictionaries". Paper Presented at 1st International Language Learning Conference. 16 - 18 Dec 2004. Universiti Sains Malaysia. Evergreen Laurel Hotel. Penang.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "He Send His Son Go To School": Usage Of Non Standard English amongst Undergraduates In NUS". CELC Staff Seminar (Promotion of Standard English (PROSE). 11 October 2003. National University of Singapore. Singapore.
- STEPHEN, J. D., "The Web of Tales--Engaging Students to Write Stories on the Web." Paper Presented at 7th International Conference on Thinking. 2 - 7 June 1997. Suntec City Convention Centre. Singapore.