- " Political rhetoric in the Philippines: What’s the matter and why it matters”. UPLB General Education Conversation. UPLB College of Arts and Sciences Auditorium, 25 September 2017.
- "Speech criticism as rhetorical citizenship”. Bahaginan: College of Arts and Letters Research Forum and the UP Diliman Discourse Studies Group. Pavilion 1, Room 1131 Palma Hall, UP Diliman, Quezon City, 7 August 2017.
- "Metaphorizing martial law: Constitutional authoritarianism in Marcos’ rhetoric, 1972-1985”. Conference on the “Remains of a Dictatorship: 45 Years after Martial Law”. Philippine Studies: Historical and Ethnographic Viewpoints and the Ateneo de Manila University Loyola School of Social Sciences, 3-4 August 2017.
- “Political Discourse in the Age of Social Media: What, How, and Why We Should Teach (about) Opinion-making and the Analysis of Political Talk and Texts”. Plenary Speech during 1st International and 2nd National Language, Kultura and Integration of Technology (LangKIT) Conference. Mindanao State University, Marawi City, Philippines, 26-28 February 2017.
- “Schemas of Presidential Leadership: PNoy, Barack Obama, and Philippine Political Rhetoric.” 17th Biennial Rhetoric Society of America Conference. Atlanta, Georgia, 27-29 May 2016.
- “Technicism in English language teaching and speech communication education in the Philippines.” CELC Symposium 2016. University Town, National University of Singapore, 25-27 May 2016
- “Schemas and Presidential Identifications: (Dis)continuities in Philippine Presidential Rhetoric.” The Fifth Biennial New Zealand Discourse Conference. Auckland University of Technology, 7-9 December 2015.
- “The Philippine Impeachment Trials as Cases of Public Moral Argument.” The 8th Conference of the International Society for the Study of Argumentation (ISSA). University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1-4 July 2014.
- “US-British Hegemony and Rhetorical Enactments on the Sabah Question.” The 16th Biennial Rhetoric Society of America Conference. Marriott River Center, San Antonio, Texas, 22-26 May 2014.
- “The Forging of Social Justice and the Rhetoric of the Philippine Left.” 2013 International Society for Language Studies Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 13-15 June 2013.
- “The State of Speech Communication in the Philippines (and the ASEAN): Notes from the Margins.” Keynote Message for the 28th National Convention of the Speech Communication Organization of the Philippines. La Carmela de Boracay, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, Philippines, 2-4 May 2013.
- “’People Power’ in Philippine Presidential Rhetoric: A Schema Theoretic Perspective.” Rhetoric in Society 4. Department of Media, Cognition, and Communication, Section of Rhetoric, University of Copenhagen. 15-18 January 2013.
- “Seminar on Enhancing Facilitation Skills.” College of Education, Liberal Arts and Science Graduate Studies. De La Salle University-Dasmarinas, Cavite, 24 September 2012.
- “Beyond K+12: What does it mean to be a ‘world class’ teacher of language and literature in higher education?” Plenary Speech. Alliance of Language and Literature Teachers (ALLT), Inc. National Seminar. Venezia Hotel, Bldg 675 Canal Road, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, SBMA, Olongapo City, 21-22 September 2012.
- “Schemas and the Presidency: Continuities and Discontinuities in the Post-Marcos Political Rhetoric.” The 2012 Linguistic Society of the Philippines National Conference. University of Asia and the Pacific, Ortigas Drive, Pasig City, 19 May 2012.
- “In Pursuit of the ‘Tuwid na Daan’: A Critical Analysis of P-Noy’s Presidential Rhetoric (2010-2011).” International Conference on Language and Communication. Graduate School of Language and Communication, National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok, Thailand, 15-16 December 2011.
- “’Ang Tuwid na Daan’ as Metaphor: A Critical Analysis of Noynoy Aquino’s Rhetoric of Inclusive Growth.” 3rd “Engaging with Vietnam: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue” Conference. University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam, 4-5 December 2011.
- “Teaching Argument as Transformative Performance.” International Conference on English Language Teaching (ICELT) 2011. Damai Laut, Perak, Malaysia. 18-20 September 2011.