- Fong, Y. S. (2019). Learners in transition: A Singapore case study of PRC students in Southeast Asia. Paper presented at 20th English in Southeast Asia Conference (ESEA), at Raffles Town Club, Singapore, 6 and 7 December 2019.
- Fong, Y. S. (2019). Learners in Transition: Chinese Students in Study-Abroad Contexts. Paper presented at TESOL 2019 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION & ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXPO, at Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, March 12-15, 2019.
- Fong, Y. S. (2018). Supporting the English Language Needs of International Graduate Students. Paper presented at TLHE 2018 Campus Conference: Connecting Learning, Research and Teaching, at Shaw Foundation Alumni House, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 25 September 2018.
- Fong, Y. S. (2018). Revisiting the English Language Needs of International Graduate Students: A Singapore Study. Paper presented at ELC2018 Conference, Revisiting ELT Practices in Multicultural Contexts: Evidence-Based Practices, at Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong, PR China, 20-22 April 2018.
- Fong Y. S. (2016). Learners in Transition: A Case Study of Chinese Students at National University of Singapore. Paper presented at the 4th Forum on Applied Linguistics, National Key Research Centre for Linguistics & Applied Linguistics, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, P. R. China, 3-4 December, 2016.
- Fong Y. S. (2016). PRC Learners in Study-abroad Contexts: What Teachers Need to Know. Paper presented at Learners in Context: Bridging the Gaps, CLESOL 2016 Conference, The University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand, 14-17 July 2016.
- Fong Y. S. (2016). TCCL: The Perspective from a Longitudinal Study of Seven PRC Students. Paper presented at Strengthening Connectivities in ELT: Pedagogies, Disciplines, Cultures, CELC Symposium 2016, National University of Singapore, 25-27 May 2016.
- Fong, Y. S. (2015). Faces of Motivation: A Multi-faceted Perspective of Seven PRC Learners. Paper presented at Faces of English: Theory, Practice and Pedagogy, CAES International Conference 2015, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, June 11-13, 2015.
- Fong, Y. S. (2015). The Intercultural Transitions of Seven PRC Students in Singapore. Paper presented at 2015 LTTC International Conference, Critical Reflections on Foreign Language Education: Globalization and Local Interventions, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, April 18-19, 2015.
- Fong, Y. S. (2014). Learners in Transition: Seven People's Republic of China students at the National University of Singapore. Paper presented at ELC2014 Conference, Teaching Language Toward Intercultural Competence, at Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong, PR China, 25-27 April 2014.
- Fong, Y. S. (2010). Learners in Transition: Chinese students enrolled in English bridging courses. Paper presented at ELC2010 Conference, English Education Today for Tomorrow: The Road Ahead, at Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong, PR China, 16-18 April 2010.
- Fong, Y. S. (2009). Learners in Transition: Chinese students enrolled in bridging courses in NUS and UNNC. Seminar paper presented to staff and research students at the Centre for English Language Education, University of Nottingham, U.K., 2 June 2009.
- Fong, Y. S. (2007). A tale of two cities: A comparative study of two groups of PRC ESL learners. Paper presented at the Second International Symposium for English Language Teachers, organised by the Centre for English Language Communication, the National University of Singapore, Singapore, 30 May - 1 June 2007.
- Fong, Y. S. (2002). Heightening EFL students metacognitive awareness through learner diaries. Paper presented at 13th AILA Conference, Singapore, December 2002.
- Young, C. & Fong, Y. S. (1999). Learner diaries as a tool to heighten students' metacognitive awareness of foreign language learning. Paper presented at 12th AILA Conference, Tokyo, August 1999.