- Organizer, “Vestigial Human Nature in Modernist Literature.” (panel)Modernist Studies Association Conference. University of Sussex, August 2013.
- “Embodied Consciousness and Faulkner’s Method.” Modernist Studies Association Conference. University of Sussex, August 2013.
- “‘Biographical, Historical, Sociological and Literary’: American Myth and Symbol Revisited.” Asking Big Questions Again. Euroacademia Global Forum of Critical Studies. Prague, Czech Republic, December 2012.
- “A Reconsideration of the Myth and Symbol School of American Studies.” Materialities: Economies, Empiricism, & Things. Cultural Studies Association of Australasia, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, December 2012.
- “‘In Search of Sun’: Self-Fashioning in the Autobiographies of Langston Hughes and Barack Obama.” Modern Language Association Convention, Seattle, Washington, January 2012.
- “Mat Johnson’s Pym, Race Satire, and Whiteness Studies.” The Contemporary: An International Conference of Literature and the Arts. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, June 2011.
- “Reopening the Case of Bigger Thomas: Neurolaw and Agency in Native Son.” Northeast Modern Language Association Convention. Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, April 2011.
- “Dean Moriarty in Singapore: Is Individualism American?” English in South East Asia (ESEA 2010) Conference. University of Macau, China, December 2010.
- “Evocriticism and American Modernism.” Thirtieth Annual American Studies Forum, Center for Asia-Pacific Exchange, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 2010.
- “The Biological Grotesque in Sherwood Anderson’s Winesburg, Ohio.” Australasian Association for Literature Conference on Literature and Science. University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, July 2010.
- “The Conflicting Ideologies of Jack London’s Pacific Fiction.” American Studies Forum, Center for Asia-Pacific Exchange, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 2009.
- “‘A Biology of Dictatorships’: Liberal Realism in Sinclair Lewis’s It Can’t Happen Here.” Australasian Association for Literature Conference on Literature and Politics. University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, July 2009.
“Thomas Pynchon’s Against the Day as Historiographic Metafiction.” Australasian Association for Literature Conference on Literature and History. Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, July 2008.
- “Leftist American Naturalism?” American Literature Association Symposium on Naturalism. Newport Beach, California, October 2007.
- “Resisting Literary Darwinism.” College English Association Conference. New Orleans, April 2007.
Chair and organizer, “Recovering Depression Era Literary Leftism.” (roundtable)Modernist Studies Association Conference. Rice University, October 2001.