Our History

Now situated at the Shaw Foundation Alumni House, a dedicated home on campus for alumni, NUS Office of Alumni Relations has gone through various expansions to serve alumni better. We continue to engage our wide spectrum of alumni across cohorts, cultures and continents in a diverse variety of initiatives and activities.

1923

The Singapore Medical College Graduates' Association was inaugurated. It is now known as The Medical Alumni Association.

1954

To cater to more disciplines, the University of Malaya Society was established. Now known as National University of Singapore Society.

1989

NUS established a department that catered specifically to the strengthening of strong relations between alumni and alma mater. Thus, the Alumni Affairs Office (AAO) was established.

1991

AAO's role was expanded to include fundraising or development function, and was renamed as the Alumni Affairs and development Office (AADO).

2000

AADO was once again expanded to include the role of community relations and was renamed as the Office of Alumni and Community Relations (ACR).

2003

ACR was restructured into two different departments, the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) and the Development Office (DVO).


Directors

2016 - Present
Mr Bernard Toh (Architecture '84)

2013 - 2016
A/Prof Victor R Savage (Arts and Social Sciences '72)

2010 - 2013
A/Prof Lim Meng Kin (Medicine '74)

2002 - 2010
A/Prof Teo Choo Soo (Dentistry '73)

1996 - 2002
A/Prof Lawrence Chia (Science '69)

1991 - 1996
Mr Peter Lim (Arts '53)

1989 - 1991
Mr Bernard Fong