Part-time Appointment Scheme
(mainly for Full-time Students)Full-time undergraduate and graduate students may apply to work on a part-time basis during the period of their candidature under the Part-time Appointment Scheme.
Types of AppointmentThere are four types of appointment which are as follows:
- Undergraduate Student Tutor
- Undergraduate Student Researcher
- Graduate Student Tutor (Scheme A/B)
- Graduate Student Researcher (Scheme A/B)
Terms and Conditions of AppointmentThe Part-time Appointment Scheme Annex sets out the following pertaining to appointments under the Scheme:
- Duties of the various types of appointment;
- Requisite qualifications for appointment;
- Maximum number of hours per semester; and
- Rate of remuneration
Non-graduating and Non-exchange students are also not eligible to apply for Part-time appointments. (Refer also to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) guidelines published by the Office of Student Affairs.)
The terms of appointment will be reviewed and revised if international appointees acquire SPR status. International appointees are to notify the Faculty/Department and the Registrar’s Office immediately on acquiring such status by bringing their original blue Singapore NRIC (preferred) or entry permit and a photocopy of the same to the Student Service Centre at Level 1, Yusof Ishak House.
CPF contributions, levies and donations, where applicable, will be made in accordance with the Central Provident Fund Act.
Guidelines for AppointmentThe following guidelines are applicable:
- Appointees should meet the requisite qualifications and skills, as well as have their ability properly assessed by Faculty/Department to ensure that they are able to discharge their duties on an acceptable basis.
- Rate of remuneration should be consistent, fair and commensurate with the appointee's qualifications and nature of duties performed.